[vc_row][vc_column][maxtitle maxtitle_content=”Terms & Conditions”][distance][vc_column_text]
EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE AGREED IN WRITING, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS GOVERN ALL OUR CONTRACTS TO THE EXCLUSION OF OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS. OUR QUOTATIONS AND ESTIMATES ARE NOT OFFERS CAPABLE OF ACCEPTANCE BY YOU, AND ANY ORDER PLACED BY YOU WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED BY OUR WRITTEN CONFIRMATION OF SUCH ORDER.
1. The definition of terms used, interpretation of this agreement and rights of parties hereto shall be construed under and governed by the law of the State of South Carolina. “Seller” when used herein means ErectaStep LLC d/b/a “industrialstair.com”. “Purchaser” when used herein means the person, firm or corporation to whom this quotation is addressed. And “Equipment” or “Products” means those articles, supplies, drawings, data or other property or services described herein
2. Seller’s acceptance of any order is subject to Purchaser’s assent solely to these Terms and Conditions. An acceptance of any part of the Equipment or services covered hereunder shall be deemed to constitute such assent. Any additional and/or different terms and conditions proposed by Purchaser and/or any attempt by Purchaser to vary any of these terms and conditions shall be deemed a material alteration and is hereby objected to and rejected
3. Unless otherwise agreed by Seller in writing, Seller’s prices are subject to change without advance notice at any time prior to order acknowledgment Seller reserves the right to adjust the invoice price, after the price is quoted and/or acknowledged, to take account of any material variation in Seller’s costs beyond Seller’s reasonable control since the date of the quotation or (if no quotation is issued) the order acknowledgement, and the invoice so adjusted shall be payable as if the price set out therein were the original contract price. All sales are subject to increase without notification by the amount of any sales or excise tax levied or charged by any governmental agency and are subject to any price adjustment necessitated by Seller’s compliance with any government action
4. All sales under all orders and these terms and conditions are subject to Seller and/or Government priorities, laws and regulations, now or hereafter established
5. The Seller reserves the right to change, discontinue or modify the design and construction of any product or to substitute material equal to or superior to that originally specified, without notice to the Purchaser
6. All claims by Purchaser for shortages in a shipment of Equipment or Equipment damaged in transit must be made against the carrier. All claims by Purchaser against Seller for nonconforming Equipment and claims for shortages in a shipment or damaged Equipment (other than claims to be made against the carrier) must be made in writing to Seller within ten (10) days after receipt of shipment or thirty (30) days after date of shipment, whichever occurs first, or they are waived. No returns will be accepted without Seller’s consent and approval of returned goods after inspection. Purchaser shall be responsible for shipping costs on all returns.
7. Any action for breach of the contract hereunder must be commenced within one year after the cause of action has accrued. Only variations or modifications to the contract which are made in writing signed by Seller and Purchaser shall be
enforceable. Any failure by Seller to enforce its rights under this contract will not be deemed a waiver of such rights
8. All disputes arising under or in connection with this Contract shall be resolved by (a) good-faith negotiations by knowledgeable, responsible representatives of each party who are fully authorized to settle any such dispute, or (b) in the event such negotiations do not resolve such dispute, binding arbitration held in South Carolina, by a single arbitrator pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Each party shall bear its own costs of these procedures; the parties shall equally split the fees of the arbitration and the arbitrator. Notwithstanding the above, either party shall have the right to seek a temporary restraining order or an injunction related to the purposes of this Contract, to compel compliance with confidentiality obligations, or to file suit to compel compliance with this dispute resolution process
9. Purchaser may not assign, novate or otherwise transfer its rights or obligations under this contract without Seller’s prior written consent, and any attempt to do so shall be null and void and of no effect.
10. Purchaser is responsible for payment of all applicable state and local taxes or may contact customer service to provide a valid sales tax exemption certificate. Purchaser is responsible for providing a valid sales tax exemption certificate and will not claim a sales tax exemption for purchases that do not qualify as exempt. If Purchaser’s claim of exemption for any purchase is deemed invalid by the taxing jurisdiction, Purchaser will upon request reimburse Seller for any and all taxes due on that purchase. If any Product which Purchaser purchased for resale is subsequently used by you, you will pay the use tax directly to the taxing authority if required by law.
11. Seller and Purchaser are independent contractors and nothing herein shall be interpreted as to create a partnership, joint venture, agency or any other relationship other than as independent contractors.
Purchaser cannot cancel orders under any circumstances without Purchaser first reaching an agreement in writing with Seller and may be denied or subject to restocking fees and other charges. All custom orders are sold on a final sale basis only and no cancellations, returns, refunds or credits are allowed.
The Equipment furnished by Seller is sophisticated engineering products; accordingly, if applicable, Purchaser undertakes:
1. That it has provided and will promptly provide all the information reasonably necessary to enable Seller to (i) evaluate the requirements for performing and (ii) perform the Contract, and that all such information is full and accurate;
2. That all premises, plant, engineering support, spare parts, connected pipe work and machinery and inputs that it is required to provide for the design, engineering, installation, testing and use of the Products are fit for their purpose and of good
3. Fully to co-operate with Seller in the design, engineering, installation, testing and use of the Products;
4. To use the Products for the intended purpose only and in accordance with the Product literature; and not under any circumstances, to use any unapproved spare part, connected machinery, service or repair or use the Products in any manner as may render the Products dangerous and agrees that any breach of these negative criteria will negate all specific and implied conditions and obligations on the part of Seller relating to the quality of the Products.
5. Purchaser further agrees that it will be liable to Seller for any costs, expenses and losses it suffers by reason of any breach of these undertakings.
DRAWINGS, DESIGNS AND CONFIDENTIALITY
1. All of Seller’s depictions, specifications, designs, drawings, indications of physical, chemical and electronic properties and loads and reactions (“the Designs”) are made in good faith and are approximate indications only and are not binding in detail unless Purchaser has specified in writing a particular indication upon which he is relying and Seller shall be entitled to vary the same and/or to correct errors and omissions provided the Products remain in substantial conformity with the contractual requirements.
2. The Designs (including all copyright, design right and other intellectual property in them) shall as between the parties be the property of Seller; and Purchaser is not entitled to make any use of the Designs other than for the purpose of this Contract.
3. Any inventions, modifications, improvements, techniques or know-how affecting the Products made or gained in the course of performing this Contract, shall belong to Seller absolutely.
4. Neither party shall disclose to third parties or use for its own purposes any confidential information or trade secrets of the other party.
5. Customer shall obtain no right, title or interest in the trade names, trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, patents, domain names, product names or any other intellectual property of Seller or other manufacturers of goods depicted in or on industrialstair.com or any of Seller’s websites, catalogs or other materials regardless of format.
SHIPMENT, PAYMENT AND CREDIT
1. Seller accepts payment in cash, checks, money orders and most major credit cards.
2. Credit Terms of Payment for Approved Purchasers: A. Domestic – Subject to credit approval: Net thirty (30) days from date of invoice. Delinquent accounts shall bear interest at 18% per annum thereafter, until paid. Said interest rate shall be reduced to the maximum permissible rate in any state having laws which so require. B. International – Unless otherwise agreed to by the Seller’s Manager of Credit and Collection, payment shall be in U.S. Funds by wire transfer or irrevocable Letter of Credit, confirmed by a major U.S. Bank. In addition to such late payment charges, Seller may add to the amount past due any costs associated with collection thereof, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.
3. Shipments and deliveries shall be subject to approval of Seller’s Credit Department. If Purchaser fails to fulfil the terms of payment, or if at any time before payment in full is made (whether or not payment is yet due) a petition is presented or
resolution passed for the winding up or bankruptcy of Purchaser, or in the event of the appointment of a receiver or administrator of Purchaser’s business, Seller may defer further shipment or at its option, cancel the unshipped balance. Seller reserves the right previous to making any shipments, to require from Purchaser satisfactory security for performance of Purchaser’s obligation. No failure of Seller to exercise any right accruing from any default of Purchase shall impair Seller’s right in case of any shipment default of Purchaser.
4. For domestic sales, freight terms are F.O.B. (as defined by the Uniform Commercial Code) origin unless otherwise expressly stipulated. Seller may, in its discretion, select the carrier unless specified in advance by Purchaser. For international sales, freight terms are Ex Works (EXW, Incoterms 2010) origin plant unpacked and are subject to VAT or other taxes unless otherwise expressly stipulated). All applicable local taxes in the destination country are the responsibility of the Purchaser unless otherwise expressly stipulated.
5. Seller’s responsibility for damages in transit ceases upon delivery of goods to carrier and Purchaser then assumes responsibility for damage determination and collection from carrier.
6. While expected dates of delivery of goods are given in good faith, the same are not of the essence of or in any way terms of the contract or representations of fact. All shipping dates given are approximate, and while effort is made to maintain
schedules, Seller will not be liable for damages on account of delay. In case of delay by Purchaser in furnishing complete schedules or information, delivery dates may be extended for a reasonable time depending on factory conditions. The Seller shall not be responsible for reasonable or excusable delays nor shall the Purchaser refuse to accept delivery because of any such delays. Excusable delays include, without limitation, delays resulting from accidents, fires, floods, severe weather or other acts of God, strike, lockout or other labor difficulties, embargoes, government controls or other forms of intervention, inability to obtain labor, materials or services and other causes beyond Seller’s control. If there is a scarcity in any of its products or goods, Seller will allocate its available supply in its sole discretion.
7. Title to the Equipment shall transfer to the Purchaser on the earlier of full payment and delivery; provided, however, that in the event delivery is prior to full payment, Seller shall retain a security interest in the Equipment until Seller receives payment in full. Pending payment of the full purchase price of the Equipment or parts furnished by Seller, Purchaser shall at all times keep the Equipment or parts comprehensively insured against loss or damage by accident, fire, theft and other risks usually covered by insurance in the type of business carried on by Purchaser in an amount at least equal to the balance of the price for the same from time to time remaining outstanding. In addition, the Purchaser undertakes not to charge by way of security any of the Products that remain the collateral of the Seller.
8. In the event of Cancellation in accordance with the provisions hereof, or in the event of non-payment (in full or in part) for the Equipment by the due date, Purchaser hereby irrevocably licenses Seller (insofar as it is able) to enter upon any premises to repossess the Equipment.
Purchaser will indemnify, defend and hold Seller, its affiliated companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents harmless from any loss, claim, cost, expense or damage (including payment of reasonable attorneys’ fees) suffered or incurred by any of them and/or for which any of them may be liable to any third party due to, arising from or in connection with, directly or indirectly:
(i) any violation of law, negligence, omission or intentional misconduct on the part of the Purchaser, its servants, agents or employees;
(ii) Purchaser’s instructions or lack of instructions or Purchaser’s failure or delay in taking delivery;
(iii) the breach of any provision of this Agreement by Purchaser; or
(iv) any infringement or alleged infringement of patents, trademarks, copyright, design, right or other intellectual property right occasioned by the importation, manufacture or sale of the Equipment if made to the specification or special requirement of Purchaser.
Seller’s total liability for any and all claims, damages, losses and injuries arising out of or relating to Seller’s performance or breach of any term herein shall not exceed the purchase price of the Equipment. IN NO EVENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE FOR LIQUIDATED, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR COSTS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (1) LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL; (2) LOSS OF USE OF EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES; OR (3) LOSS RESULTING FROM UNUSABLE MACHINERY OR FACILITY DOWNTIME, HOWSOEVER CAUSED AND EVEN IF THE POTENTIAL FOR SUCH DAMAGES WAS DISCLOSED AND/OR KNOWN.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
SELLER DOES NOT WARRANT THE MERCHANTABILITY OF ITS PRODUCTS AND DOES NOT WARRANT THE FITNESS OF THE PRODUCTS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SELLER DOES NOT MAKE, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS AND EXLUDES, ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY CONTAINED HEREIN. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BEYOND THAT WHICH IS DESCRIBED BELOW.
WARRANTY OF GOODS MANUFACTURED BY SELLER
1. Except to the extent Seller specifies another warranty period in writing, Seller warrants products and parts manufactured by it and sold hereunder to be free from material defect in material and workmanship for a period of twenty-four (24) months from date of shipment (the “Warranty Period”) provided, however, that Seller’s sole responsibility under this warranty shall be to either repair or replace at Seller’s option, any part which fails during the Warranty Period because of a defect in workmanship and material. Such replacement parts shall be provided at no cost to Purchaser, at the business establishment of Seller during regular working hours. Seller’s obligation under this warranty shall not include any transportation charges, cost of installation, duty, taxes or any other charges whatsoever.
2. Seller shall be under no liability for breach of the warranty set forth herein: (i) unless the Equipment has been properly installed, used, maintained and serviced; (ii) unless Purchaser has promptly informed Seller in writing of the defect alleged within the Warranty Period and within 7 days of the discovery thereof; (iii) with respect to wearing and consumable parts; (iv) if Purchaser places Products in long-term storage and fails to perform proper long-term storage preparations per Seller’s instructions; and/or (v) to Equipment or component parts or accessories thereof not manufactured by Seller.
3. Seller makes no representation regarding compliance with any state, provincial, or local law, rules, regulations, building code or ordinance relating to the installation or operation of the Equipment.
4. If the Purchaser informs the Seller of a defect after the Warranty Period has expired, then Seller may offer advice (free of charge) and may offer repair or replacement at Purchaser’s expense. Any dispute as to whether a defect is covered by the Warranty shall be immediately referred to an expert to be agreed by Seller and Purchaser whose decision shall be final and binding upon the parties.
5. There are no third party beneficiaries of the Warranty granted by Seller herein.
WARRANTY OF OTHER MANUFACTURER’S PRODUCTS
Seller makes no warranties or representations of any kind whatsoever, either expressed, implied or statutory on any component parts or accessories sold hereunder which are not manufactured by Seller. Seller hereby extends the manufacturer’s warranty or guaranties, if any, given to Seller by the manufacturer of said component parts and accessories, but only to the extent Seller is able to enforce such warranty or guaranties. Seller does not guaranty warranties of other manufacturers’ products. Claims under any manufacturer’s warranty shall be made in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements regarding the return, repair or replacement of the goods. Seller agrees to use its best efforts and will cooperate with Purchaser in enforcing any claims against manufacturer(s) for defects that may occur. Seller has not authorized any party to make any representation or warranty other than the above warranty statements.
Some jurisdictions provide rights in addition to those listed above, or do not allow the exclusion or limitation of implied warranties, or liability for incidental or consequential damages. If any provision or part of a provision of these terms is found to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any applicable law, such provision or part of a provision shall, insofar as it is severable from the remaining terms, be deemed omitted from these terms and shall in no way affect the legality, validity or enforceability of the remaining terms.
1. Purchaser understands and agrees that the Products may be subject to export and other foreign trade controls restricting re-sale and/or transfers to other countries and parties, including, but not limited to, licensing requirements under applicable laws and regulations of the United States (together, “Trade Control Laws”). Purchaser shall not export, re-export, transfer, or otherwise dispose of the Products directly or indirectly, except as permitted by applicable Trade Control Laws. Purchaser shall not do anything that would cause the Company or its affiliates to be in breach of applicable Trade Control Laws. Furthermore, Purchaser shall protect, indemnify and hold harmless the Company and its affiliates from any fines, damages, costs, losses, liabilities, penalties, and expenses incurred by the Company as a result of Purchaser’s failure to comply with this clause.